Sterile Promontory is a simple, non-corporate, non-partisan, non-nationalist, independent, free-speech, free-expression permanent forum, message board, virtual public square with private closed user groups.
Don't expect incredible technology integrating with your phone or computer so seamlessly, you can follow the outrage quicksilver with no effort needed; while your phone or computer scrapes your data into a psychometrics database that's slowly building your humaniform robot that'll one day replace you...
Sterile Promontory (@sterilepromontory.com) humbly guarantees:
- Sterile Promontory will always be on the internet, accessible.
- Secure servers are contracted and funded through 2040.
- Sterile Promontory will never impose automated banning nor will any user be arbitrarily deleted.
- All content is permanent. This means even in worst case scenario and a user has to be excluded, their content will never be wiped.
- Sterile Promontory is not subject to the censorship or restricted free speech laws of corporate oligarchy.
- Sterile Promontory is mirrored across four countries with its central server in Switzerland, protected from over-zealous government or corporate throttling.
- No content of Sterile Promontory forums (or sub-forms) is logged accessible to anybody outside the designated group.
- All personalized sysadmin logs are deleted after 24 hours or less.
- Sterile Promontory will never sell or pass on personalized data. Sterile Promontory is GDPR/CCPA compliant.
- Sterile Promontory carries no psychometric advertising and never will. If you see adverts or pop-ups, be suspicious. It isn't from sterilepromontory.com.
- Sterile Promontory carries no advertising or sponsorship from Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Adroll, Amazon Ads, Twitter Ads, Outbrain, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook Ads, Yahoo! Gemini, Taboola, Quantcast, Tencent or any corporate marketing equivalent.
If there are any questions (or concerns) about Sterile Promontory's free speech, free expression, privacy, data use, surveillance, censorship commitment, feel free to contact us. The snapshot of an average day's content on a sub-forum may look like the confused ramblings of a community full of insane sociopaths - and it might be precisely that - but there's a real and important principle at stake when free exchange of ideas, however lousy, is throttled by an unaccountable superpower. Big tech and authoritarian political ideals censor others as a means to an end: your submission to their power. Let's try not to do that.
"But it is the same with man as with the tree. The more he seeks to rise into the height and light, the more vigorously do his roots struggle earthword, downword, into the dark, the deep - into evil." - Friedrich Nietzsche